Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Change the motor brushes on an Hotpoint-Ariston ARMXXF145 FR

 Background

I had an issue with my Hotpoint-Ariston ARMXXF145 washing Machine.

During a washing, the washing machine's drum has stopped to rotate, the machine was full of water, it was 2 years ago, maybe with the error code F02 (was 2 years ago, I do not remember well).



Diagnostic

I suspected the motor's brushes. 

For the test, umount the back of the washing machine, and you can take a hammer, and bit the motor (smoothly) to see if it restart (not that long in general), here were to bit:


Change the brushes

Prior ordering new brushes you need to be sure of the models you need to order.
In my case, the one proposed by the spares vendor was the wrong model! Several models of motors are used for this machine! So be careful and study the picture on the spares' vendor website.
First you have to unmount the motor.
Remove the belt (washing machine disconnected from the power...).
Then remove the 2 screws fixing the motor, see below:


Then remove the motor from the machine, I think I have put my machine like that to extract the motor, but I am not sure, was 2 years ago:


You can now see the reference of the motor, in my case it was a Nidec motor:
To unmount the brushes you need a 5.5mm hexagonal key... I did not had one... but at Action you can find cheap tool:

It was far cheaper 2 years ago (screenshot done in January 2023, Action France)!
Now you can remove the 5.5mm hexagonal screw of each brush (2 per brush), see below the red arrows:



Once removed, you can see they are used (one is more used than the other as closer to the motor...):


Here is the reference of the brushes I ordered for my Nidec Type 20584 453 AC-EL:

Exact reference for my "Nidec Type 20584 453 AC-EL" was 481281719419 or C00114885 (leads to the same model) and I paid 9.75€ incl. shipping. But check you have the right motor.

Then you just have to the inverse to remount everything.
Be careful when you fixing the motor on the drum, drum is in plastic, do not force too much.
And don't forget to remount the belt!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Change the motor brushes on an Hotpoint-Ariston ARMXXF145 FR

 Background I had an issue with my Hotpoint-Ariston ARMXXF145 washing Machine. During a washing, the washing machine's drum has stopped ...